Assembly Technician job description
An Assembly Technician is a key player in the production process. They assemble components or products so they can be sold as finished goods.
Use this Assembly Technician job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Assembly Technician responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and updating the results related to various tests and inspection procedures conducted regarding the product specification
- Making sure that all the parts, labor and other processes are progressing at the given time
- Assembling components or products for final sale
We are looking for an Assembly Technician to join our team and assemble parts and components for new products according to specifications from clients or supervisors. In addition, you might be called to perform diagnostic tests of assembled goods before they’re sold to check their efficiency so any adjustments can be made accordingly.
Assembly Technicians’ responsibilities include constructing items in a warehouse or industrial facilities. In addition, they are responsible for building a final product based on instructions and specifications outlined by customers.
Ultimately, you will work in a fast-paced environment where you will construct various items from smaller parts that will be sold to customers.
- Work from layout drawings, point-to-point wire lists and wiring schematics
- Install electrical and electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools
- Use PPE (personal protection equipment) properly to prevent unexpected incidents
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Assembly Technician or similar role
- Good eye-hand coordination to construct small parts and pieces into a final product
- The ability to use various hand tools to produce a final product
- Ability to follow instructions and diagrams as delivered for each product
- High school diploma and related training preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does an Assembly Technician do?
An Assembly Technician builds final products in a warehouse or other facility based on instructions and diagrams provided by the manufacturer. They ensure quality checks on products made to ensure customers receive a high-quality product.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Assembly Technician?
An Assembly Technician is responsible for constructing small parts and components to create new products according to client specifications. In addition, they perform diagnostic tests on assembled items and conduct adjustments when needed to make sure the final product functions efficiently.
What makes a good Assembly Technician?
A good Assembly Technician must have good eye-hand coordination to handle small components. In addition, they must follow instructions provided by the manufacturer to build the final product.
Who does an Assembly Technician work with?
Assembly Technicians typically work alone on individual projects, and they are supervised by a General Manager who schedules work and oversees all workers in the facility.
Hiring Assembly Technician job description
Post this Assembly Technician job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.