Use this Accounting Specialist job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Accounting Specialist responsibilities include:
- Assisting the accounting department in daily, monthly and annual activities
- Maintaining accurate and complete records, including ledgers, invoices and receipts
- Using documents to verify, record and process transactions
We are looking for an organized and detail-oriented Accounting Specialist who will analyze financial information, maintain complete records while adhering to the strict standards of our organization.
An Accounting Specialist’s responsibilities include keeping accurate records of all incoming and outgoing payments, handling payroll tasks as required and assisting with preparing tax documents as needed.
Ultimately, you will ensure that invoices get paid and clients make good on their promises by keeping accurate records of both uncollected debts from customers.
- Speak with vendors and suppliers to ensure charges are accurate, and payments are received promptly
- Review financial reports
- Communicate with clients to discuss account statuses, charges or discrepancies
- Participate in ongoing education opportunities to learn about industry trends and developments
- Process payroll
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Accounting Specialist or similar role
- Understanding of accounting principles and current financial legislation
- Exceptional time management, communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong math and research skills
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of bookkeeping software
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is preferred
Frequently asked questions
- What does an Accounting Specialist do?
- Accounting Specialists make sure that invoices are paid and other accounting tasks are completed for an organization. They also keep accurate accounts payable and receivable records to ensure no one is left out in the cold when it comes time for payment, along with other accounting responsibilities.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of an Accounting Specialist?
- Accounting Specialists have many responsibilities depending on the needs of their organization, but their duties usually include preparing and maintaining important reports that help the organization run efficiently. This includes ensuring that taxes are paid on time, evaluating their operations to recommend best practices, and strategizing solutions, so everything runs smoothly.
- What makes a good Accounting Specialist?
- An Accounting Specialist needs to be an expert in accounting and finance to ensure their organization always complies with accounting standards. They also need to have good communication skills to work with various leaders in the organization to ensure accounts are updated.
- Who does an Accounting Specialist work with?
- Accounting Specialists typically work in a small group of other Accountants to complete various tasks. They are usually supervised by a Senior Accountant who ensures all projects are completed on time.