Use this Warehouse Clerk job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Warehouse Clerk responsibilities include:
- Receiving products and checking them for damage
- Returning any damaged products
- Recording all received items in the computer system
We are looking for a Warehouse Clerk to join our team to help receive products from our shipping department and transfer them into boxes or bags. The Warehouse Clerk must ensure that all products remain in good condition when packed and keep the warehouse operating efficiently at all times.
A Warehouse Clerk’s responsibilities include lifting boxes, organizing products in boxes and keeping the warehouse area in a clean and orderly state at all times.
Ultimately, you will work with other Warehouse Clerks to help move products on shelves, pack trucks and unload deliveries as they come in.
- Pick and pack customer orders
- Load and wrap skids for shipping
- Label items around the warehouse
- Inventory control of the warehouse
- Keep the warehouse clean
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Warehouse Clerk or similar role
- Prior experience working in a warehouse
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to operate forklifts and other heavy machinery
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Warehouse Clerk do?
- A Warehouse Clerk is primarily responsible for keeping the warehouse clean and operational at all times. They must have strong organizational skills to pack and store boxes and work with a small team to accomplish tasks as needed.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Warehouse Clerk?
- The duties of a Warehouse Clerk vary based on location and industry, but they typically need to have a good eye for detail to pack products and good hand-eye coordination to tape up boxes promptly.
- What makes a good Warehouse Clerk?
- A good Warehouse Clerk must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail since they will be packing items into boxes throughout their shift. Additionally, teamwork is essential to being a warehouse worker. Often you’ll work with others, so you must know how collaboration works and what other people need from your role for things to move smoothly.
- Who does a Warehouse Clerk work with?
- Warehouse Clerks typically work independently or with a small team of other Warehouse Clerks to accomplish tasks around the warehouse. They are supervised by a Warehouse Manager who assigns tasks and ensures they work efficiently at all times.