VP of Sales job description
The Vice President of Sales (VP of Sales) is a professional who oversees all sales operations in a company. They are tasked with creating strategies that will exceed goals for their organization.
Use this VP of Sales job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
VP of Sales responsibilities include:
- Identifying where improvements can be made and developing sales plans and strategies to achieve sales goals
- Working with the marketing department to design print and online promotional materials for the company's products and services
- Recruiting and hiring sales staff and developing training programs
We are looking for an experienced, dedicated and analytical VP of Sales to join our team to take on a wide range of responsibilities, from the daily activities of the sales team to managing large clients.
The VP of Sales responsibilities include having in-depth knowledge and understanding of their market and knowing competitive products. They must also be excellent communicators with excellent customer service skills who can quickly navigate any situation to reach desired goals.
Ultimately, you will work with leaders across our sales team to ensure our organization hits our sales and revenue goals.
- Manage sales teams and maintain sales operations
- Outline and manage sales budgets
- Set quarterly and annual sales goals
- Motivate the sales teams to achieve their goals
- Monitor the market and competitor products and activities
- Provide detailed sales forecasting
- Review customer activity, anticipate consumer needs and improve customer satisfaction
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a VP of Sales or similar role
- In-depth knowledge of selling strategies and methods, as well as employee motivation techniques
- Strong working knowledge of the company’s products, competitive products and the market
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Great strategic planning, organizational and creative thinking skills
- A Master’s degree in a business-related field is preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a VP of Sales do?
A VP of Sales is responsible for leading their sales team to meet and exceed goals. The essential duties include hiring, developing members of the company's talent pool as well as training them on various techniques that are needed to reach set KPIs (key performance indicators).
What are the duties and responsibilities of a VP of Sales?
The VP of Sales is responsible for the day-to-day operations and success in selling products or services. They have a team to manage, including hiring people that can help them achieve goals and working with other leaders in the organization to hit their annual goals.
What makes a good VP of Sales?
A good VP of Sales must have great communication skills to work with their sales teams, and they need to have excellent leadership skills to understand what actions need to be taken to reach their goals.
Who does a VP of Sales work with?
The Vice President of Sales is responsible for setting periodic sales goals and developing strategies to reach those targets. The VP of Sales reports directly to the CEO on their performance metrics in most companies.
Hiring VP of Sales job description
Post this VP of Sales job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.