VP of Finance job description
The Vice President (VP) of Finance is a professional who is responsible for processing the financial activities that maximize profits for an organization. They analyze data in order to make strategic decisions about an organization's future, such as how much money should be invested into R&D or marketing.
Use this VP of Finance job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
VP of Finance responsibilities include:
- Serving as a financial advisor to the CEO and executive team for strategic planning purposes
- Overseeing all sides of accounting operations, including payables, receivables, payroll and tax preparation
- Developing appropriate tracking methods for revenue and expenses
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated VP of Finance who will be responsible for developing and directing the company’s analytical, financial plans and policies. The VP of Finance will also report on metrics to optimize our growth by understanding where efficiencies exist to maximize scalability throughout the year.
VP of Finance responsibilities include overseeing accounting operations, gathering and analyzing financial data and preparing financial reports.
Ultimately, you will work directly with the President of our organization to ensure our operations remain on track to hit our target goals.
- Prepare timely and accurate analyses, summaries and reports of financial data on the operating progress of the company
- Create a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting structure that includes a minimum cash threshold to meet operational needs
- Routinely review revenue cycle metrics to identify and address issues affecting overall performance proactively
- Manage the company’s compliance with local and federal regulatory matters
- Partner with senior leaders to ensure the company hits revenue targets
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a VP of Finance or similar role
- In-depth knowledge of financial benchmarking, accounting, audit and tax compliance and other regulatory matters
- Adept in fiscal management principles and processes, including resource management and needs assessment
- Partner with Chief Revenue Officer & Chief Executive Officer to establish and track revenue goals
- Possesses critical knowledge of federal and multiple state tax laws as well as basic accounting issues
- A bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting is preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a VP of Finance do?
The VP of Finance processes transactions and advises top executives on how to use the information for strategic decision-making about the future to maximize profits while keeping up with growth opportunities.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a VP of Finance?
A VP of Finance will have many responsibilities because they serve as the financial advisor to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). In addition, they provide strategic financial planning, lead and manage the budgeting process, and oversee all sides of an organization’s accounting operations.
What makes a good VP of Finance?
A good VP of Finance must have a proven track record of success with automating financial and accounting reporting systems. They also need excellent communication and leadership skills since they work directly with other C-level executives to oversee an organization’s operations.
Who does a VP of Finance work with?
The VP of Finance works closely with the CEO and other executives to provide strategic planning and oversee all aspects of the organization’s accounting operations
Hiring VP of Finance job description
Post this VP of Finance job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.