Veterinary Technician job description
A Veterinary Technician is a professional who performs various tasks to ensure the safety and well-being of animals in zoos, research laboratories, and hospitals.
Use this Veterinary Technician job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Veterinary Technician responsibilities include:
- Triaging patients and taking their vitals signs and acquiring patient history and other information from clients
- Assisting with diagnostic procedures
- Discussing treatment plans, estimates, and payment options with clients
We are looking for a Veterinary Technician to join our team and provide critical care to animals in need, along with providing animal care before and after surgery.
Veterinary Technician responsibilities include assisting Veterinarians with diagnostic procedures, coordinating the care of animals with other staff members, and tracking animal recovery as needed.
Ultimately, you will work Veterinarians and other staff members to ensure animals in our facilities are healthy and receive the best care possible.
- Acquire cephalic, saphenous, and jugular blood samples
- Insert IV catheters and monitor anesthesia, ventilators, and fluid therapy.
- Operate autoclaves and Anprolene sterilizers
- Process specimens in the in-house laboratory and submit specimens to outside laboratories
- Calculate medication dosages and provide dosage instructions for clients
- Enter patients’ service charges into the computer database and keep accurate patient records
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Veterinary Technician or similar role
- Strong affinity for animals
- Outstanding people skills
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic environment
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Veterinary Technician
Frequently asked questions
What does a Veterinary Technician do?
A Veterinary Technician is a professional who is responsible for a variety of tasks to ensure the handling and welfare of animals in a variety of settings.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Veterinary Technician?
A Veterinary Technician has many responsibilities, such as observing the behavior of animals, restraining animals during exams, and administering medications.
What makes a good Veterinary Technician?
A good Veterinary Technician must have excellent organizational skills since they will be required to oversee several animals at a time.
Who does a Veterinary Technician work with?
A Veterinary Technician will work with many professionals like a Veterinarian to ensure animals receive the best care possible and oversee their recovery after surgery.
Hiring Veterinary Technician job description
Post this Veterinary Technician job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.