Use this Valet job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Valet responsibilities include:
- Greeting guests of the establishment
- Assisting with unloading guests' luggage
- Parking cars safely
We are looking for a Valet to join our team and provide excellent customer service to our guests by parking and retrieving their vehicles as needed.
Valet responsibilities include greeting guests, unloading luggage, and parking cars on behalf of our guests.
Ultimately, you will work in a small team to help unload luggage, answer guest questions, and park and retrieve vehicles for our guests.
- Direct traffic in the parking area as needed and assist guests in entering and leaving the parking lot
- Answer guests’ questions regarding local attractions, hotel amenities, and other available services
- Collect and accurately label keys belonging to guests to ensure their proper return
- Park guests’ vehicles in predetermined areas within the parking lot while following all traffic laws
- Operate vehicles safely and responsibility
- Organize and file paperwork regarding guests’ vehicles and daily transactions
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Valet or similar role
- Neat appearance and upkeep of uniform
- Excellent customer service skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Valet
Frequently asked questions
What does a Valet do?
Valets serve as one of the first points of contact with a guest and helps make their experience memorable by helping guests with their luggage, answering their questions and making recommendations, and taking care of their vehicles while parking and retrieving them.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Valet?
A Valet has many responsibilities, such as greeting guests, helping to unload luggage, parking cars carefully and returning vehicles quickly when guests are ready to leave.
What makes a good Valet?
A good Valet must have excellent customer service skills since they will work directly with guests to ensure their vehicles are parked and retrieved as needed.
Who does a Valet work with?
A Valet will work with many professionals, such as a Hotel Front Desk Agent, to coordinate the delivery of luggage and when to retrieve a guest’s vehicle throughout the day.