UX Researcher job description
A UX Researcher is a professional who systematically studies target users to collect and analyze data that will help inform the product design process.
Use this UX Researcher job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
UX Researcher responsibilities include:
- Meeting clients to gather information about their requirements and to find out what needs researching, designing, or usability testing
- Getting involved in sketching, prototyping, and user testing before passing the design onto the development team
- Applying qualitative research methods to client projects based on their needs and goals
We are looking for a UX Researcher to join our team and implement various UX designs into our programs and computer systems based on the need of users to ensure customers have an enjoyable experience when using our products.
UX Researcher responsibilities include conducting user research and working with the design team to implement design choices to improve user experience.
Ultimately, you will work with Designers and Programmers to ensure our products and computer systems are easy to use and help us achieve our organizational goals.
- Have an awareness of costs and budgets
- Put users at the center of a design to make it simple, easy to use, and good looking
- Present the stages of the design development to business users
- Work closely within a multidisciplinary team, including web developers and programmers
- Provide technical instructions to programmers
- Ensure websites comply with the law and equal opportunities policies
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a UX Researcher or similar role
- Experience implementing design choices based on user feedback
- Experience working with Designers and Programmers to improve the usability of products and other features
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a UX Researcher
Frequently asked questions
What does a UX Researcher do?
UX Researchers gather detailed information from users through both qualitative and quantitative means and then work with Designers and Programmers to improve the user experience based on their initial findings.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a UX Researcher?
A UX Researcher has many responsibilities, such as conducting customer research to identify opportunities to improve user experience and sketching potential solutions to address issues found in their initial research.
What makes a good UX Researcher?
A good UX Researcher must have excellent communication skills, as they need to present information from customer research to Designers and Programmers to implement in future products and features.
Who does a UX Researcher work with?
A UX Researcher will work with many professionals, like Designers, to improve the user experience based on their findings when interviewing customers.
Hiring UX Researcher job description
Post this UX Researcher job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.