Use this Unit Secretary job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Unit Secretary responsibilities include:
- Answering phone calls and admitting patients
- Billing patients and validating payment methods as needed
- Updating patient information on the computer system
We are looking for a Unit Secretary to join our team and work with patients as they enter our health facility to provide excellent patient care prior to interacting with other medical professionals in our facility.
Unit Secretary responsibilities include various clerical tasks such as answering phone calls, greeting patients and scheduling appointments or procedures for patients as needed. They must also update and organize patient files to ensure all information is current for Physician review.
Ultimately, you will work directly with patients as their first contact in our medical facility to ensure exceptional patient care.
- Schedule appointments and follow-up exams as instructed by Doctors
- File paperwork and keep all patient information updated in our system
- Administer and maintain patient records for use by our medical professionals
- Order office and medical supplies as needed
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Unit Secretary or similar role
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Proficiency with medical software
- Excellent computer literacy skills
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Unit Secretary do?
A Unit Secretary is an important part of any healthcare facility because they schedule appointments, handle patient information and communicate with Doctors and other medical professionals about patient needs as required.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Unit Secretary?
A Unit Secretary typically works directly with patients to greet them as they enter the medical facility and answer questions that patients may have about upcoming appointments. They also keep all patient records and information organized in the computer system for easy retrieval.
What makes a good Unit Secretary?
A good Unit Secretary must have excellent people skills since they work directly with patients throughout the day. They must also have great organizational abilities since they keep all patient records updated and organized.
Who does a Unit Secretary work with?
A Unit Secretary will work with a variety of medical professionals, but they typically coordinate appointments with a patient’s Doctor to ensure the patient receives the care they need in a timely fashion.