Unit Clerk job description
A Unit Clerk is a professional who performs various administrative duties in healthcare facilities and hospitals.
Use this Unit Clerk job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Unit Clerk responsibilities include:
- Greeting patients and visitors and attending to their queries
- Answering, screening, and routing incoming calls
- Managing patient appointments, admissions, and discharges
We are looking for a Unit Clerk to join our team and help our patients receive efficient medical treatment by managing the welcome desk and completing various administrative tasks.
Unit Clerk responsibilities include entering patient data into our database, providing discharge documentation to patients, and booking appointments for patients.
Ultimately, you will work directly with patients to ensure their documentation is accurate and updated.
- Capture patient information into the database and perform back-ups
- Transfer patients’ medical information from the nurses’ records to patients’ medical records
- Refer inquiries to nurses and doctors
- Ensure the smooth operation of the unit by adhering to policies and procedures and report on changes that have to be made
- Check unit supplies, anticipate inventory requirements, place orders, and oversee receipt of the supplies
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Unit Clerk or similar role
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology
- A pleasant and audible telephone manner
- Good understanding of office procedures and equipment
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Unit Clerk
Frequently asked questions
What does a Unit Clerk do?
Unit Clerks perform clerical and administrative duties, such as answering the telephones and assisting patients at hospitals and medical facilities.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Unit Clerk?
A Unit Clerk has many responsibilities, such as checking unit supplies, reporting orders from doctors to patients, and referring inquiries to Nurses and Doctors.
What makes a good Unit Clerk?
A good Unit Clerk must have excellent communication skills since they need to work directly with patients while also sending information to Doctors and Nurses as needed on behalf of the patients.
Who does a Unit Clerk work with?
A Unit Clerk will work with many professionals, like Doctors, to ensure patient information and other orders are sent to patients in a timely and accurate manner.
Hiring Unit Clerk job description
Post this Unit Clerk job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.