Use this Target Cashier job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Target Cashier responsibilities include:
- Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations
- Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales
We are looking for a Target Cashier to join our team and assist customers with their purchase by collecting money and bagging items.
Target Cashier responsibilities include issuing receipts, answering customer questions, and accepting payments for customers to finalize their purchases.
Ultimately, you will work directly with customers to help them finalize purchases and accept payments as needed.
- Accept payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate, and provide a receipt to every customer
- Process refunds and exchanges and resolve complaints
- Bag or wrap purchases to ensure safe transport
- Follow all store procedures regarding coupons, gift cards, or the purchase of specific items, such as alcohol or cigarettes
- Maintain a clean workspace
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Target Cashier or similar role
- High level of energy with strong customer service skills
- Basic math and computer abilities
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Target Cashier
Frequently asked questions
What does a Target Cashier do?
Target Cashiers are entry-level employees responsible for handling cash registers and providing customer service.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Target Cashier?
A Target Cashier has many responsibilities, such as answering customer questions about items and handling cash registers to help customers purchase items from the store.
What makes a good Target Cashier?
A good Target Cashier must have excellent customer service skills since they work directly with customers to answer their questions and process orders once customers find the items they want to purchase.
Who does a Target Cashier work with?
A Target Cashier will work with many professionals, such as a Retail Manager, to ensure customers receive the best customer service possible when purchasing from the store.