Use this Surgical Technician job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Surgical Technician responsibilities include:
- Preparing sterile operating rooms for surgeries
- Sterilizing equipment and instruments
- Stocking adequate supplies for surgery
We are looking for a qualified Surgical Technologist to assist our Surgeons with operations in our facility. You will be tasked with preparing and sterilizing the operating rooms and all equipment before procedures begin.
A Surgical Technician’s responsibilities include assisting with surgeries in an operating room. They gather and organize all necessary tools needed to perform these procedures and monitor a patient’s vital signs throughout surgery. They also provide assistance as required by surgical teams while passing instruments that have been sterilized.
Ultimately, you will work with a team of medical staff to ensure each procedure is a success from start to finish.
- Prepare the operating room for upcoming surgeries
- Sterilize equipment and stock up any necessary supplies
- Prepare patients for their procedures
- Sterilize equipment and hand surgeons instruments upon request
- Order and take inventory of supplies and maintain files and records of procedures
- Proven work experience as a Surgical Technician or similar role
- Experience with instrumentation in the operating room
- Strong understanding of surgical technology and surgical procedure
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Passionate about patient care
- A graduate of an accredited surgical technologist program and Surgical Technician certification
Frequently asked questions
What does a Surgical Technician do?
A Surgical Technician is a specialized medical professional who works in the operating room. Their duties include preparing for surgery, assisting doctors during operations by bringing needed equipment and helping with patient movement within the hospital setting if necessary, amongst other things.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Surgical Technician?
Surgical Technicians have many responsibilities, and their duties vary based on the team they work with and the procedure being performed. Typically, a Surgical Technician will prepare the operating room for surgery; they will sterilize equipment and make sure Surgeons have all the items they need to operate.
What makes a good Surgical Technician?
A great Surgical Technician needs to have a basic knowledge of instruments and equipment. They must be engaged in the operation from start to finish. During the procedure, they will assist other staff members with monitoring surgeries or taking patient vital signs.
Who does a Surgical Technician work with?
Surgical Technologists are members of a surgical team with Doctors and Nurses, assisting them in the operating room. They will also work with other medical staff as needed to ensure the operating room is stocked and ready for upcoming procedures.