Stage Manager job description
A Stage Manager is a professional who supports and organizes different teams involved in the day-to-day running of theatre production from rehearsals right through to performances and then post-show.
Use this Stage Manager job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Stage Manager responsibilities include:
- Creating and setting up rehearsal schedules
- Managing furniture and props
- Arranging costume and wig fittings
We are looking for a Stage Manager to join our team and oversee all theatre departments to ensure our organization produces the highest quality productions possible.
Stage Manager responsibilities include acting as a liaison between different departments and making alterations on the set as needed during production.
Ultimately, you will work with actors and other support staff to ensure each show is produced in the highest quality possible.
- Liaise with all theatre departments and collate information
- Collaborate with the Production Manager regarding budgets
- Supervise the set, lighting, and sound installation
- Create a prompt script compiled with notes on Actors’ cues and requirements for props, lighting, and sound
- Make alterations to the set and props between scene changes
- Cue the Lighting and Sound Technicians
- Create a risk assessment to ensure the safety of the full company
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Stage Manager or similar role
- Computer skills and understanding of current technology
- Ability to work under pressure
- A sharp eye for detail
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Stage Manager
Frequently asked questions
What does a Stage Manager do?
Stage Managers facilitate communication across all creative and technical departments; act as a right hand to the director; oversee sets, props, lights, and sound; and call all technical cues during performances.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Stage Manager?
A Stage Manager has many responsibilities, such as creating and setting up rehearsal schedules and managing props on set for each show.
What makes a good Stage Manager?
A good Stage Manager must have excellent organizational skills, as they need to manage various departments and staff to ensure each show is produced with excellent quality.
Who does a Stage Manager work with?
A Stage Manager will work with many professionals, like Sound Engineers, to ensure that all productions are delivered on time and with excellent quality.
Hiring Stage Manager job description
Post this Stage Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.