Use this Scheduling Coordinator job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Scheduling Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and updating schedules, calendars and agendas
- Verifying the availability of inhouse and external participants for planned meetings
- Confirming appointments and arranging meeting venues
We are looking for a Scheduling Coordinator to join our team and coordinate and maintain the schedule for one of our senior managers.
Scheduling Coordinator responsibilities include setting up appointments, managing travel bookings and rescheduling meetings in a timely manner.
Ultimately, you will work directly with a senior manager to ensure their schedule and conferences are maintained as needed.
- Send out reminders for scheduled meetings
- Reschedule or cancel meetings in a timely manner
- Manage and confirm travel bookings and arrangements
- Keep stakeholders informed of project timelines and associated deadlines
- Answer scheduling queries via email and phone
- Document scheduling processes and keep thorough records
- Perform other administrative tasks when required
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Scheduling Coordinator or similar role
- Advanced proficiency in scheduling software
- Extensive experience with office software, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook Express
- Advanced knowledge of confirming and rescheduling appointments, as well as recordkeeping practices
- Experience in managing travel bookings and arrangements
- Expertise with keeping stakeholders informed of schedule changes and answering queries
- Ability to coordinate meetings with venue availability
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Scheduling Coordinator
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Scheduling Coordinator do?
- A Scheduling Coordinator is typically assigned to work with a member of senior management to oversee their schedule, send out reminders for meetings and manage travel arrangements on their behalf.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Scheduling Coordinator?
- A Scheduling Coordinator will have a variety of duties depending on who they work with, but they typically focus on maintaining and updating schedules, calendars and agendas for Senior Managers.
- What makes a good Scheduling Coordinator?
- A good Scheduling Coordinator must have excellent organizational skills since they are responsible for coordinating several meetings and events.
- Who does a Scheduling Coordinator work with?
- A Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for scheduling meetings for various Senior Managers. They can also work directly with executives like the CEO of a company to ensure their schedules are updated.