Use this Sales Clerk job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Sales Clerk responsibilities include:
- Greeting customers when they enter the store
- Answering customers’ questions to help them find the items they are looking for
- Locating items for customers to finalize their purchase
We are looking for a Sales Clerk to join our team and help customers find the items they are looking for along with answering any questions they have during their time shopping in our store.
Sales Clerk responsibilities include answering customer questions and helping customers finalize their purchases with us.
Ultimately, you will work directly with customers to help them locate items and assist them with their purchases.
- Work at the point-of-sale counter to process transactions
- Assist customers in locating products by going through the inventory
- Call other store locations to find items that are not available in the store based on customer requests
- Suggest new items to customers based on their selections
- Enter sales data and customer data into the company database
- Keep records of special orders
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Sales Clerk or similar role
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to remain calm with difficult customers
- Prior experience in retail
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Sales Clerk
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Sales Clerk do?
- The Sales Clerk is responsible for packing shelves, ringing up items for customers, and keeping track of inventory.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Sales Clerk?
- A Sales Clerk has many responsibilities, such as maintaining inventory in the store, ordering new items when needed, and helping customers find the items they need while shopping.
- What makes a good Sales Clerk?
- A good Sales Clerk must have excellent customer service skills, as they will answer customer questions and help customers find the items they need in the store while they are shopping.
- Who does a Sales Clerk work with?
- A Sales Clerk will work with many professionals, like Cashiers, to ensure customers find the items they need and have an enjoyable shopping experience.