Radiology Technician job description
A Radiology Technician is a healthcare professional who works with doctors to diagnose and treat patients using imaging examinations like X-rays, CT scans or MRI scans.
Use this Radiology Technician job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Radiology Technician responsibilities include:
- Completing the patients' intake process and taking patients' histories
- Reviewing patients' charts and Doctors' notes before the examination
- Preparing radiopharmaceuticals for contrast in the diagnostic images
We are looking for a Radiology Technician to join our team and work directly with patients to perform radiologic imaging procedures. This position will play a vital role in helping Doctors, and other healthcare professionals diagnose and treat patients in our facility.
A Radiology Technician’s responsibilities include explaining procedures to patients, positioning them and equipment for imaging exams while maintaining a safe environment. They are also responsible for ensuring patient safety by covering areas not being imaged or x-rayed, resulting from unnecessary radiation exposure during imaging procedures.
Ultimately, you will use a variety of equipment to gather images to diagnose patient ailments and determine the best course for treatment.
- Position patients and equipment to capture the correct area and produce clear images
- Prepare and educate patients about the imaging procedure
- Maintain patients’ records during and after procedures
- Monitor patients and ensure their safety during imaging procedures
- Calibrate the equipment to provide clear, usable images
- Log and organize image results, develop film and assist with the interpretation of the radiograph results
- Consult with Radiologists to determine if other images need to be taken
- Ensure the proper sterilization and storage of the equipment
- Maintain radiographic equipment, and report any equipment failures
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Radiology Technician or similar role
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and patient service skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to operate and understand radiographic technology and equipment
- The physical stamina to stand for long periods and operate heavy machinery without assistance
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in radiography is preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Radiology Technician do?
A Radiology Technician performs x-rays and other diagnostic imaging examinations on patients. In addition, they operate magnetic resonance scanners to create images such as MRIs that help diagnose diseases faster to help Doctors and other healthcare professionals throughout the day.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Radiology Technician?
A Radiology Technician will have many responsibilities depending on where they work and the needs of the patients. Typically, they are responsible for advising and supporting patients as they conduct various procedures, and they need to maintain diagnostic imaging equipment and materials.
What makes a good Radiology Technician?
A good Radiology Technician must have excellent communication skills since they work directly with patients and need to communicate with Doctors or Nurses. They also need to understand the imaging equipment they use to ensure they capture correct information during the imaging procedures.
Who does a Radiology Technician work with?
A Radiology Technician will work directly with patients, but they also work with Physicians and Nurses throughout the day to help interpret medical images as needed.
Hiring Radiology Technician job description
Post this Radiology Technician job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.