Use this Radiologist job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Radiologist responsibilities include:
- Evaluating patients’ medical histories
- Suggesting alternative medical imaging techniques, when necessary
- Informing patients about the medical imaging process
We are looking for a Radiologist to join our team to use their skills and various medical imaging techniques to produce visual representations of specific areas in the human body that are related to diagnosis.
Radiologist responsibilities include using medical imaging technology to diagnose and treat illnesses and injuries. They consult with other doctors in the treatment of patients. Typically, a Radiologist never actually interacts on-site but interprets tests done by technicians before consulting their client’s primary care physician.
Ultimately, you will work with other physicians to help diagnose and treat the injuries of your patients.
- Reviewing and interpreting medical images to determine patient status and future medical care
- Determining the exact images required for diagnosis and delivering orders
- Administering trace amounts of radioactive substances to create and enhance diagnostic images
- Performing minimally invasive surgical techniques with image guidance
- Working with primary care doctors, nurses and radiology technicians to administer treatment and manage pain
- Proven work experience as a Radiologist or similar role
- Knowledge of general surgery practices to help diagnose and treat injuries
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong motor skills and manual dexterity to handle small tools and imaging equipment
- Ability to work long and irregular hours based on the clinic’s needs
- Advanced analytical skills and attention to detail to interpret imaging results
- Ability to remain calm and focused in stressful situations
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, physical sciences, or a related field with a Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree
Frequently asked questions
What does a Radiologist do?
Radiologists are doctors who specialize in diagnosing and treating injuries or diseases using medical imaging procedures such as X-rays, CT scans, MRIs, nuclear medicine tests (PET) and positron emission tomography (EMT).
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Radiologist?
A Radiologist uses different medical imaging technology like X-rays and CT scans to aid with the diagnostic and treatment process for their patients.
What makes a good Radiologist?
To be successful as a Radiologist, you must learn how to use medical imaging technologies. You must also have superior reading skills in order to successfully diagnose people with their diseases or injuries so they can get treatment quickly.
Who does a Radiologist work with?
A Radiologist does not work directly with patients; instead, they work with doctors, nurses, technologists, and other medical staff who communicate directly with patients. Radiologists are responsible for the implementation and interpretation of imaging results to help diagnose and address patient injuries.