Use this Quality Analyst job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Quality Analyst responsibilities include:
- Testing products, systems and software to guarantee they are defect-free and fulfill the quality standards of an organization
- Developing and executing test plans to ensure that all objectives are met
- Implementing and monitoring test scripts to assess functionality, reliability, performance and quality of the service or product
We are looking for a Quality Analyst to join our team and help with testing products to meet our organization’s quality standards.
Quality Analyst responsibilities include performing quality tests and validating test cases before products, software and systems are shipped to consumers.
Ultimately, you will work with a small team to ensure our products meet our organization’s quality standards.
- Identify and remedy defects within the production process
- Recommend, implement and monitor preventative and corrective actions to ensure that quality assurance standards are achieved
- Compile and analyze statistical data
- Ensure that user expectations are met during the testing process
- Draft quality assurance policies and procedures
- Investigate customer complaints and product issues
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Quality Analyst or similar role
- Experience in quality inspection, auditing and testing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of QA databases and applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Quality Analyst
Frequently asked questions
What does a Quality Analyst do?
Quality Analysts identify and fix errors with products and software before they are shipped to consumers to help identify ways to improve product quality and meet the organization’s quality standards.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Quality Analyst?
A Quality Analyst will have many duties based on where they work, but they typically focus on testing final products and software before shipping to customers. They also share their findings with the design and development teams to improve the quality of products and services produced by an organization.
What makes a good Quality Analyst?
A good Quality Analyst needs to have excellent attention to detail because they need to check the quality of a product or service before it is shipped to customers. They must also have good communication skills since they work with various teams throughout the organization to improve the products produced.
Who does a Quality Analyst work with?
A Quality Analyst will work with many teams in the organization, and they work with Software Engineers to review and test the software before being shipped to buyers.