Use this Private Equity Associate job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Private Equity Associate responsibilities include:
- Conducting industry and market research to learn about fund management teams on behalf of their clients
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with those fund managers to ensure client success
- Analyzing potential fund investment opportunities, including evaluating the fund manager's track record, investment strategy, value-add, and investment team
We are looking for a Private Equity Associate to join our team and work with our clients to ensure they receive the highest return for their investment.
Private Equity Associate responsibilities include analyzing market trends to understand how to best invest on behalf of their clients.
Ultimately, you will work directly with clients to understand their needs and provide them with direction on how to invest to maximize their returns.
- Draft and present internal proposals for approval by our organization’s Investment Committee and Board
- Negotiate, structure, and complete fund documentation for clients
- Support fund raising activities for the fund as needed
- Serve on Advisory Boards of portfolio entities, as required
- Attend annual investor meetings for underlying funds
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Private Equity Associate or similar role
- Organizational skills to manage several accounts at once
- Ability to analyze lots of data to provide insights and directions to clients
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Private Equity Associate
Frequently asked questions
What does a Private Equity Associate do?
A Private Equity Associate business executive who works in investment banking to find potential investors, assist with acquired investments, and perform due diligence with existing customers of an investment bank.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Private Equity Associate?
A Private Equity Associate has many responsibilities, such as analyzing data to help customers understand market trends and helping an investment bank find new customers.
What makes a good Private Equity Associate?
A good Private Equity Associate must have strong analytical skills since they will be required to review lots of market data to understand trends and help their clients make wise investment decisions to maximize their profits.
Who does a Private Equity Associate work with?
A Private Equity Associate will work with many professionals, like an Investment Analyst, to help clients understand how to invest to maximize returns.