Press Operator job description
A Press Operator is a professional who runs computer-controlled machines that cut, shape, and design various materials.
Use this Press Operator job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Press Operator responsibilities include:
- Handling production of the printed materials, including the printing and racking process, to ensure it meets the specifications and is ready on schedule
- Reviewing job orders to make the right adjustments to the printing machine
- Installing parts and supplies such as ink rollers, screens, printing plates, and stencils according to the job specifications and blueprints
We are looking for a Press Operator to join our team and operate various presses in our organization to shape, design, and cut plastics or other materials.
Press Operator responsibilities include installing and repairing parts on the press machines as needed along with testing inks to ensure the end product meets the needs of our customers.
Ultimately, you will work in a small team to help cut, design, and organize materials with the press.
- Prepare and calibrate machinery for printing and other tasks
- Operate machinery and maintain press to meet product specifications
- Check printed material for proper color and other aesthetics
- Examine and interpret blueprints and sketches for products
- Calibrate and conduct repairs and modifications on machinery
- Follow all safety protocols
- Ensure proper maintenance, safety, and functioning of all equipment
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Press Operator or similar role
- Proficiency in operating heavy machinery
- Ability to interpret and understand complex documents
- Keen attention to detail
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Press Operator
Frequently asked questions
What does a Press Operator do?
A Press Operator makes sure that all of the printing equipment, such as presses and ink ribbons are operating properly.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Press Operator?
A Press Operator has many responsibilities, such as preparing, operating, and calibrating machinery and presses for printing and other tasks.
What makes a good Press Operator?
A good Press Operator must have good attention to detail, as they need to be able to test the quality of presses and the product each job produces to meet the needs of their customers.
Who does a Press Operator work with?
A Press Operator will work with many professionals like a Shift Manager who will set the daily schedule and oversee quality control of all jobs.
Hiring Press Operator job description
Post this Press Operator job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.