Use this Physiatrist job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Physiatrist responsibilities include:
- Examining patients that need to undergo physical therapy
- Diagnosing pain as a result of an injury, disease, or a disabling condition
- Determining and implementing appropriate treatment plans for patients
We are looking for a Physiatrist to join our team and help patients regain physical functions as they recover from surgical procedures.
Physiatrist responsibilities include examining a patient’s need to undergo physical therapy, developing a unique recovery plan, and helping patients understand different medical options available to them.
Ultimately, you will work with patients as they recover from surgical procedures.
- Recommend and undertake various medical procedures, such as disc decompression, prolotherapy, and vertebroplasty to treat pain and improve physical functioning
- Lead a team of medical professionals, which may include physical therapists and occupational therapists, in order to optimize patient care
- Monitor ongoing progress and health of patients and change treatment plans as necessary
- Provide adaptive tools to improve the overall health and physical functioning of patients
- Counsel patients and their families and help them adapt to lifestyle changes
- Provide support and advice to patients receiving long-term care
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Physiatrist or similar role
- Working knowledge of different types of rehabilitation treatments and programs for different disabilities
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Outstanding hand-eye coordination and dexterity
- Wonderful bedside manner
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Physiatrist
Frequently asked questions
What does a Physiatrist do?
A Physiatrist is a medical doctor who assists patients recover from various surgical procedures with rehabilitation and ongoing physical training.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Physiatrist?
A Physiatrist has many responsibilities, such as determining and implementing a treatment plan for each patient and counseling patients as they adapt to their new lifestyles after their surgery.
What makes a good Physiatrist?
A good Physiatrist must have excellent eye-hand coordination to help patients during their rehabilitation sessions to recover the physical functionality of their limbs.
Who does a Physiatrist work with?
A Physiatrist will work with many professionals like Doctors to ensure patients rehabilitate and recover from a variety of surgical procedures.