Pediatric Nurse Job Description
A Pediatric Nurse is a medical professional who specializes in providing medical care for infants, children and adolescents.
Use this Pediatric Nurse job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Pediatric Nurse responsibilities include:
- Assessing a child's needs and providing initial care
- Identifying changes in children's symptoms and intervening in emergency situations
- Participating in pain management for children
We are looking for a Pediatric Nurse who can provide the medical care of children from birth through late teens. The chosen candidate will discuss a child’s symptoms, administer prescribed medication, as well as monitor their progress in treatment plans.
Pediatric Nurse responsibilities include asking patients and their parents questions about their health and providing medical solutions for a range of conditions that children and adolescents may experience.
Ultimately, you will work directly with children, adolescents, and teenagers to help address underlying medical conditions and provide treatment as needed.
- Administer medications, draw blood, and give childhood vaccinations following age-appropriate guidelines
- Monitor temperature, pulse, breathing, and blood pressure and keep accurate records
- Evaluate children for signs and symptoms of abuse
- Provide supportive care to dying children
- Deal with the anxieties and demands of parents and help families deal with their child’s illness or injury
- Remain up to date on the latest developments, rules and regulations, drug therapies, equipment and treatment procedures
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Pediatric Nurse or similar role
- A bachelor’s or associate’s degree in nursing
- Experience in clinical work as a pediatric nurse
- Good communication skills
- Emotional and mental strength, dedication and self-motivation
- Empathy and the ability to relate to children
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Pediatric Nurse
Frequently asked questions
What does a Pediatric Nurse do?
Pediatric Nurses are responsible for caring for and monitoring children from birth to adolescence. They must be well-versed in all things related to childhood development, including how it changes throughout different stages like infancy or teenage years.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Pediatric Nurse?
A Pediatric Nurse will diagnose and treat medical conditions in adolescents and children, and they may administer minor procedures as required. They also provide education to family members by answering questions and providing follow-up information as needed.
What makes a good Pediatric Nurse?
A good Pediatric Nurse must have excellent communication skills, as they typically talk with parents of children who are not able to speak. They also need to have good critical thinking skills in order to find underlying causes of medical conditions without being able to directly ask the child about their symptoms.
Who does a Pediatric Nurse work with?
A Pediatric Nurse will work with a number of medical professionals such as Nurses to ensure their patients receive the medical care they need.
Hiring Pediatric Nurse Job Description
Post this Pediatric Nurse Job Description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.