Patient Sitter job description
A Patient Sitter is a professional who provides supervision and care to patients while in a medical facility.
Use this Patient Sitter job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Patient Sitter responsibilities include:
- Supervising patients in your care without distraction
- Alerting nurses when patients need help or intervention
- Providing emotional support and companionship to patients
We are looking for a Patient Sitter to join our team and provide emotional and physical support to patients who are at risk while in our healthcare facility.
Patient Sitter responsibilities include supervising patients, alerting nurses and other healthcare professionals when needed, and providing emotional support to patients.
Ultimately, you will work directly with patients who are at risk of hurting themselves or those around them.
- Monitor vital signs and detect changes in the condition of patients
- Assist patients with basic requests
- Refrain from performing medical procedures or any unauthorized actions
- Keep patient information confidential
- Adhere to hospital policies and standards
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Patient Sitter or similar role
- Ability to handle emotionally distressing situations
- Professional appearance and excellent hygiene
- Ability to act calmly and swiftly under pressure
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Patient Sitter
Frequently asked questions
What does a Patient Sitter do?
A Patient Sitter provides support and direction to patients while they are in a healthcare facility.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Patient Sitter?
A Patient Sitter has many responsibilities, such as monitoring vital signs for patients and providing ongoing supervision and support to patients as needed.
What makes a good Patient Sitter?
A good Patient Sitter must have the ability to operate in a high-pressure environment since they supervise patients who may be suffering from various mental health disorders.
Who does a Patient Sitter work with?
A Patient Sitter will work with many professionals, such as Nurses, to ensure patients receive the medical attention they need.
Hiring Patient Sitter job description
Post this Patient Sitter job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.