Use this Patient Coordinator job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Patient Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Developing a care plan to address their patient’s personal health care needs
- Consulting with patients and family members to discuss their health problems
- Educating patients about their condition, medication and giving them specific instructions
We are looking for a Patient Coordinator to join our team and assist patients with their medical needs while enrolled in our medical facility.
Patient Coordinator responsibilities include developing care plans, coordinating patient care services and working with patients and their families to ensure patients receive required medical treatment.
Ultimately, you will work directly with patients, their families and other medical professionals in our medical facility to ensure patients are given the best medical care possible.
- Consult and collaborate with other health care providers and specialists to arrange patient appointments and treatment plans
- Check-in on patients regularly and evaluate and document their progress
- Assist the care team with developing and assessing health interventions
- Attend ongoing training and courses to keep abreast of new developments in health care
- Assist with securing funding for medical care as required
- Treat patients with empathy and respect while conducting oneself in a professional manner
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Patient Coordinator or similar role
- Superb verbal and written communication skills to share updates with patients and other medical staff
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical thinking and the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Excellent customer service skills to provide ongoing support for patients and their families
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Patient Coordinator
Frequently asked questions
What does a Patient Coordinator do?
Patient Coordinators make sure the needs of their patients are being addressed, educate patients on medical procedures or conditions and act as a liaison between the patient and healthcare personnel by keeping communication lines open.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Patient Coordinator?
A Patient Coordinator will have a range of duties depending on who their patients are, but they typically focus on answering patient questions, managing patient accounts and scheduling patient visits as needed.
What makes a good Patient Coordinator?
A good Patient Coordinator must have excellent communication skills, as they work directly with patients and other medical professionals in the medical facility. They must also have excellent listening skills in order to understand the needs of their patients.
Who does a Patient Coordinator work with?
A Patient Coordinator will work with a number of medical professionals, such as Nurses and Physicians, to ensure their patient receives the medical attention they require during their time in the medical facility.