Pathologist Job Description
Pathologists are medical professionals who specialize in researching and diagnosing diseases.
Use this Pathologist job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates.
Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Pathologist responsibilities include:
- Suggesting potential treatment options based on research and tests
- Writing pathology reports detailing specimens tested, results of tests and the final diagnosis
- Undertaking research to improve identification and testing methods and finding innovative ways to treat disease
We are looking for a Pathologist to join our team and analyze bodily fluids and tissue samples for disease study, diagnosis or treatment purposes, as well as performing various types of laboratory testing.
Pathologist responsibilities include running tests with blood and body tissue to help Doctors diagnose their patient’s illnesses and design treatment plans.
Ultimately, you will work directly with Doctors and other medical professionals to run tests to help diagnose illnesses.
- Stay up to date with developments in the fields of pathology and medical practice
- Study blood samples for transfusion use including the blood type, blood group, cell morphology, and compatibility with other blood types
- Use medical equipment and computerized systems to perform various lab tests
- Operate laboratory equipment such as cell counters and microscopes
- Log data from lab tests and enter results in patient’s record
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Pathologist or similar role
- Valid and active medical license
- Experience using lab testing equipment, such as microscopes and flow cytometers
- Exceptional analytical and research skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Pathologist
Frequently asked questions
What does a Pathologist do?
Pathologists are a vital part of the healthcare team, performing lab tests and helping other doctors reach diagnoses.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Pathologist?
A Pathologist runs tests with medical systems and different medical tools in a laboratory setting to help Doctors diagnose their patient’s illness and other medical abnormalities.
What makes a good Pathologist?
A good Pathologist must be methodical since they have to run scientific tests to diagnose patients. They must also be analytical, as they review many scientific documents throughout the day.
Who does a Pathologist work with?
A Pathologist typically works with a team of Lab Technicians to run various medical tests, and they work with Doctors to diagnose patients.
Hiring Pathologist Job Description
Post this Pathologist Job Description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.