Paraeducator job description
A Paraeducator is a professional who works with special education children during the school day to provide additional support and guidance as needed.
Use this Paraeducator job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Paraeducator responsibilities include:
- Assisting teachers in planning daily activities in accordance with the curriculum
- Providing academic instruction based on guidelines and procedures
- Implementing individual class programs
We are looking for a Paraeducator to join our team and work with special education students to provide additional support and guidance to help students understand the academic work and undergo behavior modifications.
Paraeducator responsibilities include providing administrative support to teachers, monitoring a child’s development, and preparing education materials for daily programs.
Ultimately, you will work with special education students to help them understand their classroom lessons.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to teachers and professionals
- Carry out additional tasks as required of the job
- Monitor and manage children, particularly those with specific needs
- Prepare educational materials and instructions for daily programs
- Ensure a clean and safe classroom at all times
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Paraeducator or similar role
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Great interpersonal and social skills
- Strong presentation and reporting skills
- Excellent in handling and managing children
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Paraeducator
Frequently asked questions
What does a Paraeducator do?
A Paraeducator provides additional training and support to special education students in the classroom setting.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Paraeducator?
A Paraeducator has many responsibilities, such as directing students and their families to available resources to help the student learn and grow.
What makes a good Paraeducator?
A good Paraeducator must have patience since they work with special education students.
Who does a Paraeducator work with?
A Paraeducator will work with many professionals, such as Teachers, to ensure special education students receive the best education possible.
Hiring Paraeducator job description
Post this Paraeducator job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.