Use this Overnight Stocker job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Overnight Stocker responsibilities include:
- Stocking and arranging items on shelves neatly
- Reading and updating inventory reports
- Reporting damaged merchandise to managers
We are looking for an Overnight Stocker to join our team and help our organization restock shelves during night hours.
Overnight Stocker responsibilities include organizing goods on shelves, retrieving items from the back storage area, and removing defective items as needed.
Ultimately, you will work with a small team of Overnight Stockers to ensure our store’s shelves are stocked with products for our customers when the store reopens.
- Handle the restocking of shelves and/or inventory in the store outside operation hours
- Maintain the look of the store and the merchandise via proper stocking and attractive displays
- Oversee and manage inventory stock items outside work hours
- Disseminate tasks according to the store’s procedures and guidelines
- Liaise with vendors and drivers and engage them with a positive attitude
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Overnight Stocker or similar role
- Good physical fitness and high stamina
- Ability to work well in a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with label scanners and inventory software is favorable
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Overnight Stocker
Frequently asked questions
What does an Overnight Stocker do?
An Overnight Stocker restocks shelves for a retail store outside standard operating hours.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Overnight Stocker?
An Overnight Stocker has many responsibilities, such as stocking shelves with products, updating inventory reports, and labeling items with correct prices.
What makes a good Overnight Stocker?
A good Overnight Stocker must be in excellent physical condition since they are required to stand for long periods and lift heavy objects throughout their shift.
Who does an Overnight Stocker work with?
An Overnight Stocker will work with many professionals like a Shift Manager who oversees the quality of work performed and sets schedules to ensure the store is restocked each night for customers.