Orthodontist job description
An Orthodontist is a medical professional who specializes in diagnosing and correcting teeth, jaws and other complex mouth issues.
Use this Orthodontist job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Orthodontist responsibilities include:
- Studying patient records, including dental histories, plaster models of teeth and X-rays to develop treatment plans for patients
- Discussing treatment plans and cost estimates with patients
- Using various diagnostic tests to determine the condition of patients’ teeth
We are looking for an Orthodontist to join our team and perform examinations and assess the medical needs of our patients.
Orthodontist responsibilities include running medical tests to understand patient needs and fitting patients with braces and dentures.
Ultimately, you will work directly with patients to understand their medical needs and address various health-related concerns that impact them.
- Treat occlusion issues and other oral conditions
- Instruct assistants on orthodontic procedures and techniques
- Collaborate with other specialists, such as dentists and oral surgeons, to coordinate orthodontic services within a patient’s overall treatment plan
- Fit patients for various orthodontic appliances
- Schedule regular checkups with patients to make adjustments to orthodontic appliances, such as tightening braces, and track patient progress
- Educate patients about ongoing orthodontic care and explaining proper oral hygiene methods for good oral health
- Provide referrals to other professionals, such as oral surgeons, when needed
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Orthodontist or similar role
- In-depth knowledge of various molds and orthodontic appliances
- Experience using hand tools (periodontal scalers, band pluggers, cutters, pliers) and diagnostic tools (digital X-rays, 3D images)
- Superb dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Outstanding patient management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Orthodontist
Frequently asked questions
What does an Orthodontist do?
Orthodontists provide medical attention to help patients correct misalignments of teeth and jaw. They can help with speech defects, difficulties chewing food properly or maintaining good oral hygiene.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Orthodontist?
An Orthodontist will have many responsibilities, such as examining patients, using diagnostic tools to understand patient needs and diagnosing problems in the jaw and mouth of their patients.
What makes a good Orthodontist?
A good Orthodontist must have excellent people skills, as they work with a wide range of patients throughout the day. They also need to have good communication skills to share vital information with other health professionals in order to ensure their patients receive the care and attention they need.
Who does an Orthodontist work with?
An Orthodontist will work with several medical professionals, such as Nurses, to understand the needs of their patients and deliver high-quality care as needed.
Hiring Orthodontist job description
Post this Orthodontist job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.