Order Entry job description
An Order Entry Specialist is a professional who is responsible for entering orders and data, managing customer service issues, and supporting catalog sales.
Use this Order Entry Specialist job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Order Entry Specialist responsibilities include:
- Recording customer information in order to process orders
- Completing fields such as name, address, account number, item number, price, and any sales or promotions
- Inputting data into a central database to be used to fulfill orders
We are looking for an Order Entry Specialist to join our team and help our customers order necessary food and services for their next event.
Order Entry Specialist responsibilities include taking down customer orders, explaining options to customers, and helping our team process and fulfill orders as needed.
Ultimately, you will work directly with customers to take and enter their orders into a computer to be processed by the rest of our team.
- Inform customers of prices and collect payment
- Set up a payment plan if necessary
- Ensure payment information is accurate
- Process orders and distribute receipts
- Input orders into database
- Inform customer of expected delivery date
- Follow up on orders
- Handle complaints about unfulfilled orders
- Check inventory control
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Order Entry Specialist or similar role
- Experience working in the hospitality and food service industry is preferred
- Knowledge of inventory management to ensure we provide the best service possible
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Order Entry Specialist
Frequently asked questions
What does an Order Entry Specialist do?
An Order Entry Specialist works directly with customers to take their orders and enter the information into a computer to be processed and fulfilled.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Order Entry Specialist?
An Order Entry Specialist has many responsibilities, such as telling customers about different options available to them and accurately inputting information into a computer that is sent to our central database for further processing.
What makes a good Order Entry Specialist?
A good Order Entry Specialist must have excellent attention to detail since they need to input correct information from the customer, so the order is fulfilled in a timely manner.
Who does an Order Entry Specialist work with?
An Order Entry Specialist will work with many professionals, like Event Coordinators, to ensure each order is input and fulfilled correctly based on the requests of a customer.
Hiring Order Entry job description
Post this Order Entry job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.