Use this Operations Assistant job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Operations Assistant responsibilities include:
- Acting as second-in-command to the Manager and taking care of all duties in their absence
- Assisting the Manager with operational issues
- Scheduling meetings and team building sessions as required
We are looking for an Operations Assistant to join our team and help our leaders and staff complete administrative tasks as needed.
Operations Assistant responsibilities include scheduling appointments, organizing files, and distributing mail as required.
Ultimately, you will work with department managers to ensure all administrative tasks are completed to keep the department running smoothly.
- Promptly answer the questions of staff and other stakeholders
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain relationships with vendors
- Prepare and file forms and other documents
- Assist with recruitment and onboarding processes
- Take inventory and order office supplies as needed
- Update logs and order forms
- Analyze all operations and forward suggestions for improvement to the Manager
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Operations Assistant or similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb organizational abilities
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Operations Assistant
Frequently asked questions
What does an Operations Assistant do?
An Operations Assistant ensures that the day-to-day tasks of an office are completed in a timely manner to support the needs of department managers and staff.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Operations Assistant?
An Operations Assistant has many responsibilities, such as scheduling meetings, organizing team-building events, and responding to emails on behalf of managers and staff.
What makes a good Operations Assistant?
A good Operations Assistant must have excellent written and verbal communication skills since they handle all administrative tasks needed in a department or organization.
Who does an Operations Assistant work with?
An Operations Assistant will work with many professionals like a General Manager to ensure their department is able to complete all administrative tasks to meet its goals throughout the year.