Nurse Manager job description
A Nurse Manager is a medical professional who ensures that patients receive high-quality care by overseeing and training other nurses in their department.
Use this Nurse Manager job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Nurse Manager responsibilities include:
- Hiring and training new staff members
- Supervising staff during shifts
- Creating a budget for the department
We are looking for a Nurse Manager to join our team and help train our existing nursing staff, as well as aid our team in hiring new staff members as needed.
Nurse Manager responsibilities include setting the standard of care in the healthcare facility, managing department budgets and providing support for Nurses as needed.
Ultimately, you will work with Nurses in your department to ensure they are trained as needed and supervise new hires throughout your shift.
- Create goals and objectives for the department or facility and make sure they are met by the staff
- Communicate with staff and department heads
- Keep and organize records of the particular facility
- Recruit and train nurses and other health professionals
- Create work schedules for nurses
- Ensure the facility is compliant with current laws
- Improve the quality and efficiency of the level of care delivered to patients
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Nurse Manager or similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with a variety of health care professionals and patients
- Extensive clinical skills for specific units
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Nurse Manager
Frequently asked questions
What does a Nurse Manager do?
A Nurse Manager is responsible for managing the human and financial resources of their nursing unit to ensure patient satisfaction while maintaining a safe environment for staff members.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Nurse Manager?
Nurse Managers plan, monitor and evaluate staff work schedules to ensure optimum customer service while also overseeing the department’s budget.
What makes a good Nurse Manager?
A good Nurse Manager must have excellent critical thinking skills to analyze, evaluate and solve various problems in their nursing department. They also need to have good communication skills since they will work with many Nurses throughout their shift.
Who does a Nurse Manager work with?
A Nurse Manager works with and supervises all Nurses in their department to ensure all employees offer high-quality patient care throughout their shift.
Hiring Nurse Manager job description
Post this Nurse Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.