Use this Mental Health Therapist job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Mental Health Therapist responsibilities include:
- Diagnosing and treating mental health disorders
- Facilitating sessions with individuals, groups, or families
- Referring clients to specialists if necessary
We are looking for a Mental Health Therapist to join our team and counsel individuals, groups, and families at our medical facility.
Mental Health Therapist responsibilities include diagnosing and treating patients, leading sessions with individuals and groups, and referring clients to specialists as needed.
Ultimately, you will work directly with patients to counsel them in treating various mental health disorders in order to lead a healthier lifestyle.
- Establish positive, trusting rapport with patients
- Diagnose and treat mental health disorders
- Create individualized treatment plans according to patient needs and circumstances
- Meet with patients regularly to provide counseling, treatment and adjust treatment plans as necessary
- Conduct ongoing assessments of patient progress
- Involve and advise family members when appropriate
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Mental Health Therapist or similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Empathy for clients
- Confidentiality with client information
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Mental Health Therapist
Frequently asked questions
What does a Mental Health Therapist do?
A Mental Health Therapist helps patients diagnose and treat various mental health disorders like depression and drug addiction.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Mental Health Therapist?
A Mental Health Therapist has many responsibilities, such as meeting with patients to understand their medical needs and building a personalized treatment plan to help patients reach their goals.
What makes a good Mental Health Therapist?
A good Mental Health Therapist must have excellent communication skills, as they need to listen and communicate ways that patients can address their mental health needs.
Who does a Mental Health Therapist work with?
A Mental Health Therapist will work with many professionals, such as Nurses, to ensure patients receive the medical attention that they need.