Key Holder job description
A Key Holder is a professional who is responsible for opening and closing a store along with a range of administrative duties.
Use this Key Holder job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Key Holder responsibilities include:
- Arriving early to open the store and start preparations for the day
- Leaving late to close the store
- Assisting with customer service
We are looking for a Key Holder to join our team and help our organization keep stores organized and assist customer-facing employees with various tasks as needed.
Key Holder responsibilities include unlocking and locking the store, helping customer service employees, and ensuring the store is clean and organized.
Ultimately, you will work with a team of employees to ensure our stores are clean and customers can find the items they need to purchase.
- Ensure that the store is clean and organized
- Manage the alarm system, including setting and disarming it
- Ensure that the security system is in working order
- Assist cashiers in periods of high customer volume
- Supervise the cleaning and delivery staff and oversee them outside of business hours
- Identify problems with working conditions and report them to management
- Offer support and training to new employees
- Perform product demonstrations to customers
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Key Holder or similar role
- Presentable demeanor and friendly nature
- Diligent and responsible attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Key Holder
Frequently asked questions
What does a Key Holder do?
A Key Holder provides administrative and customer support around a store to ensure customers are able to find the items they need.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Key Holder?
A Key Holder has many responsibilities, such as unlocking the doors each day, supporting cashiers as needed, and keeping the store clean and organized.
What makes a good Key Holder?
A good Key Holder must have excellent customer service skills since they work directly with customers throughout the day.
Who does a Key Holder work with?
A Key Holder will work with many professionals, such as a Cashier, to ensure customers are able to purchase items quickly and easily.
Hiring Key Holder job description
Post this Key Holder job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.