Industrial Organizational Psychologist job description
An Industrial-Organizational Psychologist is a professional who uses psychological principles and research methods to solve problems in the workplace and improve the quality of life.
Use this Industrial-Organizational Psychologist job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Industrial-Organizational Psychologist responsibilities include:
- Applying psychological research to the workplace
- Working within human resources offices
- Helping businesses hire more qualified employees
We are looking for an Industrial-Organizational Psychologist to join our team to ensure our employees are happy and the organizational infrastructure is strong.
Industrial-Organizational Psychologist responsibilities include interviewing employees to understand their needs, identifying opportunities to make our operations more efficient, and helping our Human Resources department review potential candidates.
Ultimately, you will work with department managers and other decision makers to help make our organization more efficient and improve the happiness of our employees.
- Help train and motivate workforce
- Assess job performance of individuals and their teams
- Improve organizational structure to improve efficiency
- Improve the quality of life for employers and employees
- Ease transitions such as corporate mergers
- Study consumer behavior to help our employees understand what our customers are looking for
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Industrial-Organizational Psychologist or similar role
- Experience working with employees from a variety of departments
- Ability to interview employees to understand their needs and how we can improve our organizational structure
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Industrial-Organizational Psychologist
Frequently asked questions
What does an Industrial-Organizational Psychologist do?
An Industrial-Organizational Psychologist focuses on the behavior of employees in a work environment. They apply psychological principles, such as motivation psychology or social cognition, to improve performance skills like communication among co-workers.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Industrial-Organizational Psychologist?
An Industrial-Organizational Psychologist has many responsibilities, such as working with the organization’s Human Resources office to understand the needs of employees, helping motivate and train the workforce, and finding opportunities to improve business efficiency.
What makes a good Industrial-Organizational Psychologist?
A good Industrial-Organizational Psychologist must have excellent communication skills since they will work with a variety of employees to understand their needs, then report their findings to organizational leaders to implement required changes in the company.
Who does an Industrial-Organizational Psychologist work with?
An Industrial-Organizational Psychologist will work with many professionals, like Human Resources Officers, to implement changes in the organization to improve efficiencies and make employees happier at work.
Hiring Industrial Organizational Psychologist job description
Post this Industrial Organizational Psychologist job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.