Use this ICU Nurse job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
ICU Nurse responsibilities include:
- Providing medical attention to patients in the intensive care unit of hospitals and healthcare facilities
- Identifying sudden or subtle changes in a patient’s medical condition
- Delivering regular updates to doctors, patients and their family members
We are looking for an ICU Nurse to join our team and deliver high quality, compassionate care to all patients in our ICU department.
ICU Nurse responsibilities include evaluating a patient’s condition and administering treatment, as well providing constant support throughout recovery time.
Ultimately, you will work directly with patients to ensure they receive the attention and medical care needed based on their condition.
- Deliver regular updates to doctors, patients and their family members
- Begin treatment and monitor doses
- Respond to a medical emergency and alert the appropriate Doctors as needed
- Care for patient needs throughout their recovery in the ICU unit
- Complete all necessary paperwork before transferring a patient
- Maintain patient records
- Create and implement effective care plans
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an ICU Nurse or similar role
- Good understanding of health information structures and technology
- Available to work 12-hour day and night shifts
- Demonstrate brilliant empathy and communication skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an ICU Nurse
Frequently asked questions
- What does an ICU Nurse do?
- ICU Nurses are responsible for monitoring patients, administering medications and assisting them with patient needs.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of an ICU Nurse?
- An ICU Nurse has many duties throughout their shift, such as monitoring vital signs and administering medications as ordered by doctors for best results.
- What makes a good ICU Nurse?
- A good ICU Nurse must have excellent communication skills, as they need to share vital information in a high-stress environment. They must also have good problem solving skills to understand the needs of their patients and deliver necessary medical care.
- Who does an ICU Nurse work with?
- An ICU Nurse will work with medical professionals like Doctors to ensure their patients receive the care and attention they need while in the intensive care unit.