Use this Human Services Worker job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Human Services Worker responsibilities include:
- Providing direct care services and support to clients to ensure they are in good health
- Assisting in the planning and execution of services and programs for youth, families, seniors, the homeless, volunteers, and community groups
- Assessing individual and family needs, determining eligibility, and identifying appropriate services
We are looking for a Human Services Worker to join our team and help individuals understand available services and other social resources available to them.
Human Services Worker responsibilities include interviewing individuals to understand their needs, determining eligibility for different services, and helping them apply for benefits.
Ultimately, you will work directly with individuals to help them understand their options, apply for services, and help them secure benefits as needed.
- Interview individuals to understand their unique needs
- Provide education and information about various social services available to them
- Help individuals apply for social services and other benefits
- Provide ongoing support to individuals to ensure they get the most out of the social services available to them
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Human Services Worker or similar role
- Experience working with social programs to assist individuals as needed
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Human Services Worker
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Human Services Worker do?
- A Human Services Worker provides residential care, assisting with enrichment activities and supporting the treatment of people who have mental illnesses.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Human Services Worker?
- A Human Services Worker has many responsibilities, such as providing emotionally supportive care to clients throughout the process. They evaluate a client's needs, create treatment plans that meet those requirements, and put their plan into action by providing support where needed.
- What makes a good Human Services Worker?
- A good Human Services Worker must have good communication skills since they need to provide detailed information to individuals about available services and help individuals obtain the benefits as needed.
- Who does a Human Services Worker work with?
- A Human Services Worker will work with many professionals, such as a Social Worker, to help individuals receive social services and other benefits to support their recovery.