Use this HRIS Analyst job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
HRIS Analyst responsibilities include:
- Consulting with HR managers and other departments to determine HRIS needs
- Analyzing HRIS performance metrics and resolving application issues
- Documenting processes, identifying HR concerns, and compiling data analysis reports
We are looking for an HRIS Analyst to join our team and help our organization optimize the performance of our HR systems.
HRIS Analyst responsibilities include gathering data, improving the performance of various HRIS throughout an organization, and making recommendations to improve performance metrics across departments.
Ultimately, you will work a team of HR Specialists and Managers across various departments to ensure an organization is performing as efficiently as possible.
- Perform application upgrades, as well as provide training and technical support
- Develop and implement new processes and systems for efficient HR management
- Optimize HRIS processes, integrate new software, and perform diagnostic tests
- Perform statistical analysis on gathered HRIS data and run queries
- Ensure the efficient recording and secure storage of HR metrics, including attendance and employee performance data
- Perform audits on HR processes and documents, including hiring, termination of service, and payroll administration, when required
- Keep track of technological advancements and trends in the field of HRIS
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an HRIS Analyst or similar role
- Ability to collaborate, provide technical support, and train staff
- Extensive experience in analyzing HRIS and HR performance metrics
- Advanced proficiency in database management and security, as well as running SQL queries
- Ability to keep up with technical innovation and trends in HRIS Analysis
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in documenting processes, as well as performing diagnostic tests and audits
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an HRIS Analyst
Frequently asked questions
What does an HRIS Analyst do?
An HRIS Analyst helps an organization optimize its HR systems and process various employee information like payroll and time-off requests.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an HRIS Analyst?
A HRIS Analyst has many responsibilities, such as maintaining an organization’s HRIS, ensuring data integrity, and building reports based on the organization’s data.
What makes a good HRIS Analyst?
A good HRIS Analyst must have an excellent understanding of HRIS and database management to organize, maintain, and report on various aspects of human resources in an organization.
Who does a HRIS Analyst work with?
An HRIS Analyst will work with many professionals like the Human Resources Manager to ensure the organization has the data it needs to manage various human resources and improve efficiency across the organization.