Use this House Manager job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
House Manager responsibilities include:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the facility, including hiring and firing staff members as needed
- Managing budgets of the householders
- Maintaining financial records of the householder
We are looking for a House Manager to help our clients manage their daily activities to ensure the family is able to operate as smoothly as possible.
A House Manager’s responsibilities include managing the household budget, organizing social events, and making travel arrangements as needed.
Ultimately, you will work directly with families to help them accomplish daily activities, so they can focus on their busy careers.
- Coordinating with vendors to ensure that all supplies needed for events are delivered on time
- Make sure that the interior of the house is clean and well-maintained at all times
- Maintaining inventory of all furnishings and equipment in the house, including ordering replacements when needed
- Ensure that all foodservice operations run smoothly during events, such as weddings and conferences
- Coordinate with staff members to ensure that all events run smoothly from start to finish
- Supervise daily housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure that the facility is well-kept at all times
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a House Manager or similar role
- Being a good communicator, understanding the client’s likes and dislike
- Being knowledgeable on a wide range of areas related to the role
- Being responsible, efficient, discreet, and organized
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a House Manager
Frequently asked questions
What does a House Manager do?
A House Manager is responsible for handling the daily operations of a house and responding to the home owner's needs. House Managers typically supervise and manage things happening daily around the home.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a House Manager?
A House Manager has many responsibilities like grocery shopping, running errands, and making appointments on behalf of the family members.
What makes a good House Manager?
A good House Manager must have excellent communication since they will need to accomplish various tasks on behalf of several family members throughout the day.
Who does a House Manager work with?
A House Manager will work with many professionals like a Housekeeper to ensure the family’s home is clean throughout the day.