Use this Health Educator job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Health Educator responsibilities include:
- Developing plans and policies toward achieving health education objectives and monitoring progress
- Conducting assessments and surveys to determine health education needs
- Collaborating with health specialists and stakeholders to set goals and achieve sustainable results
We are looking for a Health Educator to join our team and help our organization design targeted health education programs for our community.
Health Educator responsibilities include gathering data and developing health education plans to promote healthy lifestyles and wellness in our community.
Ultimately, you will work with a team of medical professionals to understand the needs of our community and build an education plan to address their needs.
- Design and distribute health education materials and aids, including pamphlets, notices, video, and audio clips, images and posters
- Facilitate health education events, workshops, conferences and presentations
- Promote health education initiatives via press releases, media campaigns, social media platforms and websites
- Identify strategic partnerships with organizations and stakeholders that promote health education
- Coordinate grant applications to obtain funding for health education programs
- Document activities, record information and maintain databases, as well as oversee health education program staff and volunteers
- Provide staff, community agencies and organizations with access to health education resources
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Health Educator or similar role
- Extensive experience in collecting and analyzing data, as well as formulating objectives
- Advanced ability to plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate health education programs
- Ability to develop educational materials and aids which promote and present health education initiatives
- Exceptional ability to achieve sustainable health education program results
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Health Educator
Frequently asked questions
What does a Health Educator do?
A Health Educator works to educate the public about healthcare services and further inform those who are not covered by insurance or otherwise unable to access these resources.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Health Educator?
A Health Educator will be responsible for assessing the needs of their community and planning educational strategies to encourage the wellbeing of community members.
What makes a good Health Educator?
A good Health Educator must have excellent people skills since they will work with a diverse group of community members. They must also have good leadership skills, as they collaborate with different departments to provide health education.
Who does a Health Educator work with?
A Health Educator will work with many professionals from different departments, such as a Community Manager, to understand the needs of the community in order to build educational programs as needed.