Fulfillment job description
A Fulfillment Associate is a professional who works in a warehouse environment to help organize, stock, and retrieve items for shipping.
Use this Fulfillment Associate job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Fulfillment Associate responsibilities include:
- Offloading delivery trucks transporting merchandise into the warehouse
- Arranging incoming deliveries in designated storage areas
- Performing warehouse duties using pallet jacks, cherry pickers, and forklifts
We are looking for a Fulfillment Associate to join our team and support our warehouse operations.
Fulfillment Associate responsibilities include offloading stock deliveries, processing work orders, and packaging orders for distribution.
Ultimately, you will work with a small group in the warehouse to ensure items are retrieved, organized, and shipped in a timely manner.
- Read and decipher work orders
- Locate and extract merchandise from shelves and storage areas
- Confirm merchandise information matches that of the work order
- Inspect merchandise for damage, flaws, and irregularities
- Pack merchandise for delivery
- Transport packed items to the delivery trucks
- Finalize work orders and update the database
- Adhere to state health and safety practices
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Fulfillment Associate or similar role
- Reading and interpreting written work orders
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Working in a loud environment
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Fulfillment Associate
Frequently asked questions
What does a Fulfillment Associate do?
A Fulfillment Associate is responsible for fulfilling basic warehousing and stock order duties to ensure items are shipped in a timely manner.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Fulfillment Associate?
A Fulfillment Associate has many responsibilities, such as moving items to designated storage areas, unloading delivery trucks, and inspecting merchandise for damage before shipping.
What makes a good Fulfillment Associate?
A good Fulfillment Associate must be in excellent physical condition since they work and stand for long periods of time. They must also have good attention to detail, as they read and complete written orders when delivered by their managers.
Who does a Fulfillment Associate work with?
A Fulfillment Associate will work with many professionals like a Supervisor who oversees the quality of work done throughout the shift and coordinates schedules throughout the year.
Hiring Fulfillment job description
Post this Fulfillment job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.