Use this Fabricator job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Fabricator responsibilities include:
- Reading and understanding product schematics and assembly instructions
- Taking part in product development meetings
- Verifying dimensions and product specifications
We are looking for a Fabricator to join our team and build new and innovative products from raw resources based on a production schedule to ensure all parts fit properly and meet safety standards.
Fabricator responsibilities include reading product schematics, ensuring all parts are available, and confirming that all products are produced in the timeline required.
Ultimately, you will work with various product developers and organizational leadership to help our organization find product malfunctions and produce different products throughout the year.
- Ensure that all the required parts for assembly are present
- Mark cutting lines on material
- Confirm that all parts are properly fitted, aligned, and screwed in
- Ensure that quality control standards are met
- Maintain a production schedule
- Test products for their functionality
- Troubleshoot and stress test products to minimize problems or recalls
- Report and detail product malfunctions
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Fabricator or similar role
- Proficiency in operating heavy machinery
- Excellent eyesight and color vision
- Good dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Fabricator
Frequently asked questions
What does a Fabricator do?
Fabricators manage a variety of tasks and build different types of products from raw resources by using their hands.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Fabricator?
A Fabricator has many responsibilities, such as reading assembly instructions and ensuring that every product meets strict quality control standards as outlined by the organization they work for.
What makes a good Fabricator?
A good Fabricator must have excellent attention to detail because they must follow detailed instructions to ensure each product is assembled according to the assembly instructions that are provided.
Who does a Fabricator work with?
A Fabricator will work with many professionals like Welders to help construct various products and objects based on the needs of the organization they work for.