Use this Escrow Assistant job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Escrow Assistant responsibilities include:
- Managing client files and properties
- Compiling and processing escrow instruction packages
- Managing customer queries
We are looking for an Escrow Assistant to join our team and provide assistance to Escrow Officers to help close more real estate transactions.
Escrow Assistant responsibilities include preparing real estate documents and maintaining files as needed.
Ultimately, you will work directly with Escrow Officers to oversee all administrative activities required to close real estate transactions.
- Prepare additional documents and/or escrow instructions as instructed by principals based on written instructions to escrow
- Forward title clearing documentation to the title officer for approval
- Return executed loan packages to the lender for review and approval in accordance with lender instructions
- Prepare and deliver recording packages based on escrow instructions and verifying that appropriate title premiums and recording fees have been collected
- Disburse escrow files in accordance with the written settlement statements upon receipt of funds
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Escrow Assistant or similar role
- Previous experience in banking or real estate
- Good administrative skills
- Must be customer service oriented
- Ability to be discrete and confidential
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Escrow Assistant
Frequently asked questions
What does an Escrow Assistant do?
The Escrow Assistant is an integral part of real estate transactions. They assist with administrative tasks, like document processing and advice about options for customers who may be buying or selling property.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Escrow Assistant?
An Escrow Assistant has many responsibilities like managing client files, processing escrow instruction packages, and preparing reports for clients as needed.
What makes a good Escrow Assistant?
A good Escrow Assistant must have excellent organizational skills since they handle several clients at a time and they need to ensure all files are organized throughout the entire process of a real estate transaction.
Who does an Escrow Assistant work with?
An Escrow Assistant will work with many professionals like Real Estate Agents and Escrow Officers to ensure real estate transactions are handled as efficiently as possible.