Epidemiologist Job Description
An Epidemiologist is a professional who studies infectious diseases to understand how they spread in order to develop methods to contain and prevent outbreaks.
Use this Epidemiologist job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Epidemiologist responsibilities include:
- Traveling to sites to research, observe and study the outbreak and spread of infectious diseases
- Interacting with people to collect disease-related data through field research, observation, questionnaires and studies
- Performing laboratory tests to analyze data
We are looking for an Epidemiologist to join our team and study outbreaks of infectious diseases. This role will study how infectious diseases spread and collect data to prevent large outbreaks.
Epidemiologist responsibilities include collecting data and running experiments to understand how to contain future outbreaks from occurring.
Ultimately, you will work with a small team of researchers to better understand specific infectious diseases worldwide.
- Use computer programs to compile, calculate and analyze the data
- Report findings in meetings and presentations
- Maintain awareness of current trends, new discoveries and advancements in technology
- Monitor outbreaks and assist in emergencies
- Design, implement and advise on health policies to minimize outbreaks and the spread of infections
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Epidemiologist or similar role
- A willingness to travel to conduct research
- Good computer literacy skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, reasoning and research skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A master’s degree in public health or epidemiology is required
Frequently asked questions
What does an Epidemiologist do?
An Epidemiologist is a scientist who works to reduce the risk and occurrence of infectious diseases by communicating with communities about safe practices that can reduce liability for injury or illness.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Epidemiologist?
An Epidemiologist will have a variety of duties depending on the project they are working on. Still, they typically focus on directing studies and analyzing information for cases of infectious diseases. Along with studying diseases, they also work with the public by conducting interviews and collecting surveys to understand how the outbreak of a disease impacts communities.
What makes a good Epidemiologist?
Epidemiologists must be highly organized and analytical since they process complex information about infectious diseases. They also need good communication skills since they share their findings with different health departments.
Who does an Epidemiologist work with?
Epidemiologists work with a range of professionals like Lab Technicians to process samples from the field to learn more about different infectious diseases.
Hiring Epidemiologist Job Description
Post this Epidemiologist Job Description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.