Use this Environmental Services Worker job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
What is an Environmental Services Worker?
An Environmental Services Worker is a professional who performs cleaning and sanitation tasks in an organization to maintain clean and sanitary environments for workers and visitors. They handle duties such as mopping, sweeping, and disinfecting surfaces to ensure a safe and hygienic workplace.
What does an Environmental Services Worker do?
An Environmental Services Worker is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation in an organization. They perform tasks such as mopping, sweeping, and dusting to ensure areas are clean and safe. They also handle duties like replenishing supplies and disinfecting high-traffic areas. Their goal is to create a clean and hygienic environment for employees and visitors.
Environmental Services Worker responsibilities include:
- Performing a range of cleaning tasks like mopping, sweeping, and floor buffing
- Distributing linens and tracking the linens used in each department
- Refilling toilet paper and other paper products as needed
We are seeking a dedicated Environmental Services Worker to join our team and uphold the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation in our offices. As an Environmental Services Worker, your primary responsibilities will include mopping floors, dusting shelves, and performing various janitorial tasks. Working collaboratively with a small team of cleaners, you will ensure that our facilities remain clean, organized, and sanitary throughout the day.
This role requires meticulous attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and the ability to work effectively as part of a team. You will play a crucial role in creating a clean and welcoming environment for our employees and visitors. If you are dedicated to maintaining cleanliness and take pride in your work, we encourage you to apply.
Join our team and contribute to a positive and hygienic workspace for everyone.
- Clean general areas around the building
- Mop and sweep floors to ensure all spaces are safe to walk
- Dust window sills and wipe down windows
- Disinfect walls and other high-traffic areas as needed
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Environmental Services Worker or similar role
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and how to apply chemicals safely
- Working knowledge of various cleaning tools like vacuum cleaners and floor buffers
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Environmental Services Worker
Frequently asked questions
- What does an Environmental Services Worker do?
- An Environmental Services Worker maintains cleanliness and sanitation in an organization by performing tasks like mopping, sweeping, and dusting to ensure a clean and safe environment for workers and visitors.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of an Environmental Services Worker?
- The duties of an Environmental Services Worker include performing cleaning tasks, such as mopping and sweeping, distributing linens, refilling supplies, and disinfecting high-traffic areas to maintain cleanliness and sanitation in the organization.
- What makes a good Environmental Services Worker?
- A good Environmental Services Worker pays attention to detail, follows proper cleaning procedures, and has excellent time management skills. They also possess good communication skills and work effectively as part of a team.
- Who does an Environmental Services Worker work with?
- An Environmental Services Worker works with a small team of cleaners and may collaborate with a Shift Supervisor who oversees their work and sets the daily schedule.
- What skills should an Environmental Services Worker have?
- An Environmental Services Worker should have knowledge of cleaning chemicals and their safe application. They should also be familiar with various cleaning tools, such as vacuum cleaners and floor buffers. Strong attention to detail, time management, and communication skills are essential.