Environmental Services job description
An Environmental Services Worker is a professional who handles various duties in an organization to ensure areas are clean and sanitary for workers and visitors.
Use this Environmental Services Worker job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Environmental Services Worker responsibilities include:
- Performing a range of cleaning tasks like mopping, sweeping, and floor buffing
- Distributing linens and tracking the linens used in each department
- Refilling toilet paper and other paper products as needed
We are looking for an Environmental Services Worker to join our team and complete all cleaning and sanitation work needed to keep our offices clean for employees and visitors.
Environmental Services Worker responsibilities include mopping the floors, dusting shelves, and completing other traditional janitorial duties.
Ultimately, you will work with a small team of cleaners to ensure our facilities are clean and sanitary throughout the day.
- Clean general areas around the building
- Mop and sweep floors to ensure all spaces are safe to walk
- Dust window sills and wipe down windows
- Disinfect walls and other high-traffic areas as needed
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Environmental Services Worker or similar role
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and how to apply chemicals safely
- Working knowledge of various cleaning tools like vacuum cleaners and floor buffers
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Environmental Services Worker
Frequently asked questions
What does an Environmental Services Worker do?
An Environmental Services Worker is responsible for general cleaning activities, housekeeping, and light manual work in the care and cleaning work areas throughout an office building.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Environmental Services Worker?
An Environmental Services Worker has many responsibilities, such as mopping the floors, dusting window sills, and disinfecting walls when needed.
What makes a good Environmental Services Worker?
A good Environmental Services Worker must have excellent attention to detail since they are responsible for cleaning surfaces to keep common areas clean and sanitary for employees and guests.
Who does an Environmental Services Worker work with?
An Environmental Services Worker will work with many professionals, such as a Shift Supervisor, who sets the daily schedule and oversees the quality of work performed throughout the day.
Hiring Environmental Services job description
Post this Environmental Services job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.