Use this Employee Relations Specialist job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Employee Relations Specialist responsibilities include:
- Offering counseling services to employees
- Participating in recruitment and dismissal processes
- Performing employee background checks and verifying information
We are looking for an Employee Relations Specialist to join our team and help our employees maintain a productive work environment to ensure our organization reaches our goals.
An Employee Relations Specialist’s responsibilities include collecting employee data, organizing employee files, and overseeing employee training.
Ultimately, you will work with various HR Specialists to ensure all employees have the training, information, and tools necessary to ensure they are productive throughout the organization.
- Communicate policies pertaining to Human Resources, compensation, and benefits
- Conduct exit interviews
- Collect and analyze employee data
- Use data to create employee profiles
- Organize and update employee files
- Adhere to regulatory standards
- Represent the company at job fairs and college campuses
- Oversee employee orientation and training
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Employee Relations Specialist or similar role
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment law
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Employee Relations Specialist
Frequently asked questions
What does an Employee Relations Specialist do?
An Employee Relations Specialist is an HR professional who oversees the labor relations and employee records within an office environment.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Employee Relations Specialist?
An Employee Relations Specialist has many responsibilities, such as interviewing new employees, conducting employee training sessions, and helping to resolve work-related problems in the workplace.
What makes a good Employee Relations Specialist?
A good Employee Relations Specialist must have excellent verbal communication skills since they work with many employees across the organization. They must also have good negotiation skills, as they oversee employee interviews throughout the hiring process.
Who does an Employee Relations Specialist work with?
An Employee Relations Specialist will work with many professionals, such as an HR Officer, to ensure all employees abide by organizational rules and regulations to help create a productive work environment.