Economist job description
An Economist is a financial professional who studies market activity and socioeconomic data to provide economic forecasts to organizations.
Use this Economist job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Economist responsibilities include:
- Collecting and analyzing financial, political and socioeconomic data
- Conducting surveys and utilizing various sampling techniques
- Researching various fields, including politics, healthcare and education
We are looking for an Economist to join our team and analyze market trends to advise our organization’s leaders on economic decisions and help us develop models to assist with forecasting.
Economist responsibilities include analyzing economic data, running complex models to build forecasting models and advising organizational leaders on various economic trends for improved business decisions.
Ultimately, you will work with a small team of financial analysts to understand economic trends to help our organizational leaders make better decisions to help us reach our goals.
- Analyze market trends to build forecasts and economic models
- Advise businesses and governments on economic decisions
- Consult clients on the efficacy of political policies, products or services
- Study the economic impact of laws and regulations
- Develop statistical and econometric models for economic forecasting
- Communicate data in the form of presentations, technical reports and non-technical reports
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Economist or similar role
- Experience in an analytical role
- Logical mindset and strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Economist
Frequently asked questions
What does an Economist do?
An Economist analyzes the production and distribution of resources, goods or services by collecting data to predict economic trends to help their organization make better decisions throughout the year.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Economist?
An Economist is responsible for many tasks, such as conducting research, collecting and analyzing data and developing forecasts to help their organization leaders make better decisions and reach their goals.
What makes a good Economist?
A good Economist must have excellent analytical skills to interpret massive amounts of economic data and provide insight for stakeholders at their organization. They also need to have good communication skills to deliver their findings in a non-technical and easy-to-understand manner.
Who does an Economist work with?
An Economist typically works with a team of specialized finance professionals like a Financial Advisor who will interpret different financial findings and apply them to the needs of their organization.
Hiring Economist job description
Post this Economist job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.