Direct Care Worker Job Description
Direct Care Workers are healthcare professionals who work directly with patients on a daily basis who cannot do things on their own and are unable to live independent lives.
Use this Direct Care Worker job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Direct Care Worker responsibilities include:
- Providing immobile, ill or frail clients with assistance, company and comfort
- Administering medicine and treatments as prescribed by healthcare providers
- Monitoring the physical, mental and emotional conditions of clients and reporting changes
We are looking for a Direct Care Worker to join our team and work with our patients who have issues completing daily activities due to mental, physical and mobility issues.
Direct Care Worker responsibilities include performing housekeeping duties, assisting patients with cooking meals and taking care of personal hygiene needs throughout the day.
Ultimately, you will work directly with patients in our care to ensure they can complete daily tasks and errands.
- Perform personal hygiene care and housekeeping duties
- Prepare meals and assist clients with eating and drinking
- Assist with the use of incontinence products or provide bathroom visit support
- Run errands, including shopping for groceries and essential household items
- Help clients from their beds into chairs or wheelchairs and back
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Direct Care Worker or similar role
- Extensive knowledge of best practices in the provision of direct care
- Experience in administering prescribed medications and treatments
- Exceptional ability to assist clients with mobility, personal care and hygiene needs
- Ability to perform basic housekeeping duties, run errands and prepare meals
- Relevant training and/or certifications in Direct Care Working
Frequently asked questions
What does a Direct Care Worker do?
A Direct Care Worker is someone who has been trained to provide in-home personal care and daily living tasks as outlined in the patient’s treatment and service plans.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Direct Care Worker?
Direct Care Workers have a variety of responsibilities to ensure the health and well-being of their patients, like running errands, assisting with personal hygiene and performing housekeeping tasks around the patient’s home as needed.
What makes a good Direct Care Worker?
A good Direct Care Worker must be dependable since they will deliver necessary care to their patients throughout the day. They also need to be compassionate since they work directly with patients who have mental and physical disorders.
Who does a Direct Care Worker work with?
A Direct Care Worker works in a patient’s home to deliver great patient care, and they are typically supervised by a Physician who ensures the patient receives care as outlined in their treatment plans.
Hiring Direct Care Worker Job Description
Post this Direct Care Worker Job Description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.