Use this Credentialing Coordinator job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Credentialing Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Processing initial credentialing and re-credentialing applications
- Screening practitioners’ applications and supporting documentation to determine eligibility
- Collecting information from the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB), the applicant, and their malpractice insurer, and other relevant sources
We are looking for a Credentialing Coordinator to join our team and oversee administrative tasks dealing with our health facility’s credentialing.
Credentialing Coordinator responsibilities include maintaining and verifying files and tracking the expiration of certifications throughout the organization.
Ultimately, you will work with different departments across our organization to ensure staff members have the necessary accreditations needed throughout the year.
- Identify discrepancies in information and conduct follow-ups
- Present applications to the facility’s Credentialing Committee
- Assist customers with credentialing inquiries
- Respond to health plan provider inquiries
- Capture primary source documentation in computer databases
- Ensure data is backed up
- Follow compliance laws, regulations, procedures, and policies
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Credentialing Coordinator or similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Proficient touch-typing skills
- Ability to focus for extended periods
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Credentialing Coordinator
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Credentialing Coordinator do?
- The Credentialing Coordinator is responsible for organizing, maintaining, and verifying that all staff have appropriate accreditations at a healthcare facility.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Credentialing Coordinator?
- A Credentialing Coordinator has many responsibilities, such as processing credentialing applications and identifying discrepancies in information as needed.
- What makes a good Credentialing Coordinator?
- A good Credentialing Coordinator must have excellent organizational skills, as they need to manage the credentialing applications for many staff members at a single time.
- Who does a Credentialing Coordinator work with?
- A Credentialing Coordinator will work with many professionals, such as Doctors, in a healthcare facility to ensure that all staff meet the required credentialing requirements.