Computer Engineer job description
A Computer Engineer is a professional who manages and designs computer hardware systems. They often specialize in either software or hardware. Still, they must be able to program because their tasks include developing new programs for computers as well as updating old ones as needed.
Use this Computer Engineer job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Computer Engineer responsibilities include:
- Performing periodic analysis of computer hardware and software using available technology and testing tools
- Responding to computer-related issues and providing technical support to staff members
- Overseeing the company’s cloud storage accounts to guarantee they’re protected and secure
We are looking for a Computer Engineer to join our team and support our organization’s computer networks along with our Information Technology (IT) department.
Computer Engineer responsibilities include designing, testing, and inspecting all software used within an organization’s computer system.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for upgrading various types of hardware like routers and motherboards as needed.
- Conduct validation testing for new and renovated motherboards
- Ensure existing computer equipment are up-to-date
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and incorporate new technology into existing units
- Draft new computer equipment blueprints and present them to management
- Plan and manage the production of computer hardware equipment
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Computer Engineer or similar role
- Strong knowledge of design analytics, algorithms, and measuring tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A creative thinker with good analytical abilities
- Proficient in problem-solving to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or computer science training preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Computer Engineer do?
Computer Engineers use their understanding of how software and hardware work together to design complex computer systems within an organization.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Computer Engineer?
A Computer Engineer is responsible for designing computer systems, software, and hardware applications as needed within an organization. Their duties include creating various types of networking equipment such as routers or circuit boards, testing systems to ensure organizations can operate efficiently, and overseeing networks to ensure the security of information shared within the organization.
What makes a good Computer Engineer?
A good Computer Engineer needs to be well-versed in design analytics, algorithms, and analysis tools to understand complex computer networks used in an organization. They also need to have strong critical thinking skills to solve complicated problems in a timely manner.
Who does a Computer Engineer work with?
A Computer Engineer typically works alone on complex problems within an organization, but can work with other IT professionals like a Systems Engineer when needed.
Hiring Computer Engineer job description
Post this Computer Engineer job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.