Use this Clinical Coordinator job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Clinical Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Overseeing all day-to-day administrative activities at a healthcare facility
- Evaluating personnel and preparing daily reports as needed by other departments
- Assisting with recruitment, consenting, screening and enrollment of personnel
We are looking for a Clinical Coordinator to join our team and oversee all administrative tasks throughout the day for our organization.
Clinical Coordinator responsibilities include welcoming patients as they check-in to our facility, delivering results to patients and replenishing the facility’s medical supplies.
Ultimately, you will assist a number of professionals and departments throughout our facility to ensure they have the supplies and equipment needed.
- Employ financial acumen in budgeting and expenditure
- Authorize admissions and treatment as per agreed protocols
- Communicate medical results to patients under clinical supervision
- Replenish the facility’s medical supplies
- Attend and contribute to departmental meetings
- Screen and evaluate personnel in the organization
- Implement procedures across the facility
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Clinical Coordinator or similar role
- Innovative thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Strong organizational, administrative and planning skills
- Expertise in working under pressure and reacting effectively to emergency situations
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Clinical Coordinator
Frequently asked questions
What does a Clinical Coordinator do?
Clinical Coordinators oversee the administrative needs of hospitals or health care facilities.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Clinical Coordinator?
A Clinical Coordinator will have a variety of responsibilities, such as planning budgets, managing supplies and resupplying different departments throughout the day along with managing all administrative tasks as needed.
What makes a good Clinical Coordinator?
A good Clinical Coordinator must work well under pressure, as they are responsible for many elements throughout the facility. They must also be detail-oriented since they need to track multiple projects at a time.
Who does a Clinical Coordinator work with?
A Clinical Coordinator will work with many medical professionals, such as Doctors, to help them prepare budgets and order supplies as needed.