Clinical Coordinator job description
A Clinical Coordinator is a professional who ensures all daily activities in hospitals, clinics and other patient care facilities run smoothly.
Use this Clinical Coordinator job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Clinical Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Overseeing all day-to-day administrative activities at a healthcare facility
- Evaluating personnel and preparing daily reports as needed by other departments
- Assisting with recruitment, consenting, screening and enrollment of personnel
We are looking for a Clinical Coordinator to join our team and oversee all administrative tasks throughout the day for our organization.
Clinical Coordinator responsibilities include welcoming patients as they check-in to our facility, delivering results to patients and replenishing the facility’s medical supplies.
Ultimately, you will assist a number of professionals and departments throughout our facility to ensure they have the supplies and equipment needed.
- Employ financial acumen in budgeting and expenditure
- Authorize admissions and treatment as per agreed protocols
- Communicate medical results to patients under clinical supervision
- Replenish the facility’s medical supplies
- Attend and contribute to departmental meetings
- Screen and evaluate personnel in the organization
- Implement procedures across the facility
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Clinical Coordinator or similar role
- Innovative thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Strong organizational, administrative and planning skills
- Expertise in working under pressure and reacting effectively to emergency situations
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Clinical Coordinator
Frequently asked questions
What does a Clinical Coordinator do?
Clinical Coordinators oversee the administrative needs of hospitals or health care facilities.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Clinical Coordinator?
A Clinical Coordinator will have a variety of responsibilities, such as planning budgets, managing supplies and resupplying different departments throughout the day along with managing all administrative tasks as needed.
What makes a good Clinical Coordinator?
A good Clinical Coordinator must work well under pressure, as they are responsible for many elements throughout the facility. They must also be detail-oriented since they need to track multiple projects at a time.
Who does a Clinical Coordinator work with?
A Clinical Coordinator will work with many medical professionals, such as Doctors, to help them prepare budgets and order supplies as needed.
Hiring Clinical Coordinator job description
Post this Clinical Coordinator job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.